According to urologists, prostatitis is the most common disease of the male reproductive system. It can occur for various reasons (infections, hypothermia, passive lifestyle, etc. ).
If the disease becomes chronic, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it.
Therefore, when the first signs of prostatitis in a man are detected, it is important to immediately start taking the necessary drugs, and then treat an advanced disease. This requires a quick visit to a doctor, because only a specialist is able to find the right medicine.
The modern pharmaceutical industry can offer a wide range of effective and fast-acting drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in men.
Signs of prostatitis
Typical symptoms of prostatitis are:
- pain when urinating;
- increased urination at night;
- pain syndrome, manifested by discomfort in the perineum, anus, penis, above the pubis (there may be pain when excreting feces);
- turbidity of urine;
- release of secretions in the morning;
- increased body temperature.
Prostatitis can cause other diseases of the male reproductive system, ranging from organ inflammation to infertility.
In addition, it is easy for an ignorant person to confuse the manifestations of prostatitis with cystitis and even cancer. Therefore, when the first signs of a malfunction in the work of the body are detected, it is important to immediately contact a urologist.
How is prostatitis treated?
Based on the test results and general history, the doctor may choose one or more methods of treating prostatitis. Their list is united by the fact that they are all performed medically:
- Suppositories (rectal administration; helps speed up metabolism);
- Injections (the drug quickly enters the body and affects the immune system and the vascular system);
- Instillations (the agent is injected directly into the focus of inflammation);
- Microclysters (introduction through the anus of infusions and decoctions based on natural ingredients; it is recommended to carry out the procedure immediately before bedtime);
- In tablet form (as a rule, antibacterial agents with a broad spectrum of action are prescribed in this form; they can be drunk only on the prescription of a specialist, which means the exclusion of the possibility of useprophylactic);
- Ointment (anti-inflammatory).
In order to relieve pain in the treatment of adenoma, NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are widely used, as well as alpha-blockers (have the same anti-inflammatory effect, but blocking nerve endings).
Only a doctor can determine if and which medication you need, prescribe the correct strength and method of administration.
If the analyzes showed that the adenoma was the result of the spread of microorganisms, it is necessary to take antibiotics. Typically, doctors prescribe broad-spectrum agents that can help fight infections caused by several types of bacteria.
There are many antibiotics, but they all belong to one of the following groups of drugs:
Before using pain relievers, you should carefully study the instructions, since an overdose is fraught with manifestations of various side effects.
These drugs are needed to improve urination. Their pharmacokinetics are based on the effect on the muscles of the urethra by reducing tone.
Alpha blockers do not cure the disease itself, but only serve to relieve unpleasant symptoms.
In their pharmacokinetics, they are similar to the above drugs, but they already affect the perineum with a decrease in pressure in the small pelvis, which leads to a weakening of the pain syndrome.
Problems with blood circulation always arise with one or another disease, leading to stagnation and insufficient supply of oxygen and microelements to the diseased organ.
Therefore, when treating an adenoma, it is also important to take drugs that can activate blood circulation.
Preparations made from herbal ingredients are good for their naturalness. In the treatment of prostatitis, agents are used to remove puffiness, inflammation, and also have a diuretic effect. The best drugs in this category are those based on sabal, pumpkin seed oil and creeping palm.
Vitamins are not a cure. They are necessary to provide a general strengthening effect as part of complex drug therapy.
It will not work to give preference to one, the best prostatitis drug from a long list, since the causes of inflammation of the prostate can be very different, and therefore the treatment should be of an individual nature. Do not self-medicate, drugs for prostatitis must be prescribed by a specialist.