One of the most common illnesses in men is prostatitis. Its signs are often rarely taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude can ultimately lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you need to carefully monitor your health, especially for men at an older age. Today they talk a lot about this disease, but very often they exaggerate or, on the contrary, underestimate its importance and danger. Let's take a look at what it really is, what are the early symptoms of prostatitis in men and what to do.
What is prostatitis?
To begin with, you need to determine what this disease is. Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate, i. e. the prostate, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ which ensures the locomotor activity and the viability of the spermatozoa. As a result, with its diseases and reduced activity, a decrease in sexual function is observed.
Most often, men are exposed to the disease by the age of 20, and the older the man, the greater the risk of disease. It should be noted that it can occur both in acute and chronic forms, in which the symptoms of prostatitis do not appear.
Among the consequences of the disease are prostate cancer and infertility. Note that, according to statistics, this disease in a chronic form is observed in almost half of men aged 20 to 50 years.
Today, medicine is very closely involved in this issue, considering prostatitis, the symptoms and the treatment of the disease. It is treated quite successfully, the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. Therefore, every man, especially after 30 years, is recommended to see a doctor for an examination at least once every six months.
Types of disease and manifestation of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on what caused the disease and how it goes away, there are only 5 types of this disease:
- Acute prostatitis. This guy is quite difficult. It is the result of bacteria attacking prostate tissue. The main reason for the manifestation is neglect of hygiene and other features, which provokes inflammation. This type is quite rare and its treatment takes place in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type is found in about 30-35% of cases of inflammation. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of prostatitis in men do not appear immediately, and, moreover, they can disappear spontaneously even without treatment. And after that, a further aggravation occurs with more force, and it can continue indefinitely. There is also a risk of stone deposits, abscess development and other complications, including the development of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of the disease from the point of view of diagnosis, since its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic area, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, disorders of the nervous system and mental disorders can be observed. The diagnosis in this case can only be made by exclusion, since very often even tests do not show any signs of inflammation.
- Chronic asymptomatic prostatitis. This form proceeds without any symptoms and is detected only through the analysis of urine, since it contains many bacteria and leukocytes during the course of the disease.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. Very often it is manifested as a side effect of the result of irradiation of the prostate and the treatment of diseases with drugs. This disease is often asymptomatic. During the development of the disease, prostate tissue is replaced by connective tissue, which leads to dysfunction of the gland.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each of the types of the disease, you can distinguish your own symptoms, but you can note the symptoms of prostatitis in men for each of the types, namely:
- Urination problems. This is what is included in the early symptoms of prostatitis in men. Due to the inflammation, the urethra is compressed, which can lead to pain, burning, and other problems.
- Weakened orgasm and bad erection.
- Acceleration of ejaculation during intercourse.
- A sharp decrease in potency or its absence.
- Constant anxiety and psychological depression.
These signs become fundamental for all species. If you notice that they appear in you, you should immediately contact a urologist. You can also find out what symptoms of prostatitis may still be and how to protect yourself from this disease. But consultation with an experienced specialist is simply necessary.
Why does prostatitis occur in men?
If you do not want to experience all the signs of male prostatitis and its symptoms on your own, then you need to know the main causes of its manifestation and eliminate them completely. Basically, the disease is caused by neglect of health, in particular:
- Inflammation due to exposure to sexually transmitted infections.
- A sedentary lifestyle, often leading to poor circulation.
- Sexual factors (interruption of sexual intercourse, prolonged abstinence, artificial prolongation of the PA).
- Immune system problems.
- Long-term and frequent hypothermia of the body.
- Constant stress.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Non-compliance with elementary hygiene rules.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other reasons that can lead to illness.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis and its complications?
It has already been mentioned that prostatitis causes a lot of inconvenience in the form of problems with urination, erectile dysfunction, etc. But these are just the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. In cases where the patient does not receive timely medical care, more serious consequences may arise, including:
- In case of prolonged neglect of treatment, the prostate will lose its functions and will no longer be able to produce a sufficient amount of secretion, so in 40% of cases the disease leads to infertility.
- With self-treatment, a significant deterioration in immunity may occur, which will aggravate the situation.
Therefore, we note that the treatment should be carried out only under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
Prevention of prostatitis
If you want the manifestation of prostatitis, symptoms and other problems associated with this disease not to affect you, then it is worth taking preventive measures, which will help reduce the risk of the disease:
- Observe all personal hygiene rules.
- Have an active sex life.
- Review your diet for sufficient amounts of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Worried about increased immunity.
- Reduce stress.
- In case of manifestations of diseases, treat them promptly.
These simple rules will help you stay safe. But, if the first symptoms of prostate prostatitis appear in you, you should immediately seek medical attention.